Jan 3, 2011

And just like magic it was 2007 again....

My first post this year. Happy Happy New Year to all. Since I had one entire week of sun, sand and the sea I was a happy child indeed until I landed back in Delhi on 31st night at 11 pm. Yes can you imagine that I spent the beginning of this year on a cab way back home. That sinking feeling returned again as soon as I got out of the airport. Hmmmphhhhh! Need I say anything more. I don’t wanna go on and on about the same thing. This year Shivi and I have decided we wanna have different conversations cos we are mighty tired of having to talk about the similar things for almost a decade or so. Gawd are you listening? Take the hint for once pliss. Hehehe! 1st January was spent in bed entirely or I mean almost cos I was too lazy to get out and it was too cold and windy. In the evening when I finally got down to taking a long walk and buying my weekly groceries some loser on a bike tried to snatch my bag away and thankfully could not the bag being a huge leather one. Yesterday I was out for lunch with a friend of mine and we had yummy lunch in Big Chill at Khan Market and followed that up with a two hour chat at Barista with me speaking non-stop. Sometimes I just feel like talking and talking and yesterday was one of those days.

But the best part of the day was meeting Aben and the gang after more than 3 years. I have been in Delhi for a year and I haven’t met up with my old gang even once cos I never felt like it after the stupid fall out R and I had. We finally met up for a drink since Aben was in town. Wow it seemed just like old times with Aben, R, Atin and Ateet. I felt nothing had changed. It was a pleasant feeling when I realized that yes R and I can probably hang out again without bearing massive grudges against each other. Same old R ordering an LIIT and me with my fascination for Baileys and Aben complaining about how cold the draught beer was. We shared a hookah and reminisced old times. Atin welcomed me with his huge Atinish bear hug and Ateet as usal was like where the hell have you been woman and why don’t we see you more often. My reply of I live in a village and its kinda difficult getting out and coming to the city was met with laughter and we understand look. For a couple of hours in my head I went back to being what I used to be. Not that I can ever be a part of that happy family feeling again but it was lovely meeting them and just like magic it was 2007 again.

1 comment:

Shivi said...

What happened to Batty ;) ??